Welcome to Check-Ins! This article will help you set up your Check-Ins account by walking you through setting up stations to check people in and create your first event. In addition to this guide, check out our Product Tour, which shows you how Check-Ins works for your church.
Once you're subscribed, you're ready to get started! Here are some quick overview videos to show you how to set up an event with times and locations as well as stations for checking in.
Follow the steps below to create your first event and check people in.
When you open Check-Ins for the very first time, the only thing you can do is create your event. We require you to create an event first to get you started using Check-Ins immediately. An event is the reason people are checking in.
Add the Event Name you'd like people to see when they check in, and then choose the Frequency based on how often your event will occur.
On your Events page, there are multiple tabs to choose from in order to manage your event. Because times are the most important piece of your event, we take you directly to that tab when you create an event for the first time.
- Choose the date and time your event starts, as well as when you'd like stations to show the event.
- Choose whether you have one or multiple locations, name those locations, and then view the different location settings. You can choose filters, add labels and options for more labels, or require background checks for volunteers.
If any of those locations aren't open during one of the times you created, you exclude them from the time.
Once the app is downloaded, log in with your Planning Center email and password, and walk through setting up your station. Name your station based on the location or owner of the device, and then choose what type of station you'd like to have:
- A Manned Station is created for volunteers to check people in. From this station, a person can override any filters, add new people, edit people, and search by name.
- A Self Station is created for people to check in themselves or members of their household by searching by phone number, barcode, mobile pass, or Church Center app.
- A Roster Station creates a list of people who have checked in to that specific location before. A person can search by name, phone number, or barcode, as well as add and edit people. A roster must be locked to a location.
You can try it out before your event by following these three steps.
- Adjust your time to the current date and time, and open any station.
- Try checking people in, setting up your printers, and printing labels.
- Test out the filters in the locations by checking in people who would attend that location.
Once you're finished trying it out, create a new session and make sure the time reflects the time and date you want to check people into your event.
If you want to make sure you have the right information on the people you're checking in, look at our CSV file tips.
Your event is created! When you check people in to your event, they'll be added to Check-Ins, but you can also add them individually or in bulk before you start checking them in.
Get Training & Support
If you want to dive in a little deeper, we have created a training video that will continually be updated. It's 30 minutes long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. It also links to all of our articles throughout the video.
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in.
From there, you'll be able to see suggested articles based on the page you're on, or you can search for other articles if you don't see what you're looking for.
You can also email our support team! Make sure you include specific information, such as the event, location, person you're working with, the station name you're checking people in on, or the type of printer you're working with. The more specifics you send our way, the better we can help!