Welcome to Check-Ins! This article will introduce you to features in Check-Ins. If you haven't already, check out our Product Tour, which shows you how Check-Ins works for your church.
If you're moving from a different check-in system, we recommend a slow rollout for your church. Choose one month to run both systems simultaneously, and ask people to check into both systems on the week that corresponds with their last name. Here's a format we've seen that works:
Week 1: A-F
Week 2: G-M
Week 3: N-R
Week 4: S-Z
Try to split the families as close to even as possible, and by the end of the month, you're ready to use Check-Ins on its own!
This system works well for most church sizes, but if you need help thinking through the rollout, reach out to our Support Team!
In Check-Ins, you’ll need to be familiar with the following concepts:
Events are the services or gatherings where you want to track attendance.
Event Sessions are the specific dates of when you track attendance.
- Locations are the places people can check into, such as Sanctuary or Nursery.
- Stations are set up on a device, like a computer or tablet, where people can check in on their own or with the help of a volunteer.
- Labels can be assigned to any location and print when someone checks in to that location.
- Headcounts helps you gather attendance totals instead of checking in specific people.
Create an Event
Events are the main feature in Check-Ins. They help you gather attendance data and information on people who are checking in. They require times and locations in order for people to check in. Once you create an event, make sure you do the following:
- Choose the date and time your event starts, as well as when you'd like stations to show the event.
- Choose whether you have one or multiple locations, name those locations, and then view the different location settings. You can choose filters, add labels and options for more labels, or require background checks for volunteers. If any of those locations aren't open during one of the times you created, exclude them from the time.
If you have multiple campuses, here are some tips about setting those up:
- Create separate events for each campus (Campus A Sunday Services, Campus B Sunday Services).
- Church Center does not filter Check-Ins events by campus. All events set to show in Church Center with an active session will display on the day of their session.
Check out this video series to see how to create an event and manage times and locations.
If you want nametags or security tags to print when a person checks in, you need labels. There are two labels added to your account automatically, but you can customize your own on the Labels tab.
Once you create labels of your own, you can add them to locations.
Once the app is downloaded, select More options to log in and create your first station. Name your station based on the location or owner of the device.
Your device will become one of these types of stations:
- A Manned Station is created for volunteers to check people in. From this station, a person can override any filters, add new people, edit people, and search by name.
- A Self Station is created for people to check in themselves or members of their household by searching by phone number, barcode, mobile pass, or Church Center app.
- A Roster Station creates a list of people who have checked in to that specific location before. A person can search by name, phone number, or barcode, as well as add and edit people. A roster must be locked to a location.
Check People In
Once your events and stations are ready, you're ready to check people in.
You can try out Check-Ins before your event by following these three steps.
- Adjust your event time to the current date and time, and open any station.
- Try checking people in, setting up your printers, and printing labels.
- Test out the filters in the locations by checking in people who would attend that location.
Once you're finished trying it out, create a new session and make sure the time reflects the time and date you want to check people into your event.
Get Training & Support
If you want to dive in a little deeper, we have created a training video that will continually be updated. It's 30 minutes long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. It also links to all of our articles throughout the video.
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in.
From there, you'll be able to see suggested articles based on the page you're on, or you can search for other articles if you don't see what you're looking for.
You can also email our support team! Make sure you include specific information, such as the event, location, person you're working with, the station name you're checking people in on, or the type of printer you're working with. The more specifics you send our way, the better we can help!