Here you will find out how Stations are stored on a computer, as well as how to set up someone's device as a Station.
Setting Up Devices As Stations Video Series
How Stations Work
Stations connect to an account by storing the account information in cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data that's sent from our website and stored on a web browser.
The benefit to doing this is so that your volunteers do not need to sign in to access their Station.
However, there are some interesting situations that might happen. You will need to re-create a Station if you have deleted your cookies or if you are using a different browser. If you don't see the button saying "Become Station: __________" that means that the information hasn't yet been saved to the cookies and you will need to create the Station on that device.
Creating a Station
- Navigate to check-ins.planningcenteronline.com and sign in with your Planning Center account
Note: Both manned and roster stations give you access to update anyone in your database. For this reason, only admins can create stations.
- On the Stations tab click "Make This Device a Station"
- Create a name, select if it should be Manned, Roster or a Self check in Station
Sign Out or Stay Signed In
- If you're setting up a Station for another person to use, you can choose Sign Out. This will allow them to always open up this Station, but not have access to the Admin side of Check-Ins.
- Click here if you want to stay signed in. This will add a button at the top left of the screen to navigate back to the Admin view.