People can be added to your database through a CSV import, station, or the Admin side. Once you add a person, they will be added to all applications across Planning Center, but they will not be counted against your total daily check-ins pricing until they're checked in.
Import with a CSV File
If you want to add lots of people to your database, import them with a CSV by going to People.
If you don't see People on the list or don't have access to the Importer, you don't have permissions to import the file. Reach out to one of your Organization Administrators to import the file.
Important Fields to Import
- Household ID: Keep the household members together with an ID, so you can easily choose who can check a child into or out of an event.
- Primary Contact: Reports can show you this person in addition to the person checked in.
- Mobile Number: You can send a text to an adult if you need them during the event.
- Barcode: If you used barcodes previously, make it easy for people to continue to use them.
- Grades: Some locations are filtered by grade; import that information, so people are able to check into the correct location quickly.
- Birthdates: Some locations are filtered by age; import that information, so people are able to check into the correct location quickly.
- Medical Notes: You can add medical notes to labels if they exist in a person's profile.
Add from a Station
People can be added from a Manned or Roster Station. Self Stations are not available for adding new people.
Check out this video to see how to add a person from a Manned Station or follow the steps below.
Search their name, and, if there are no results, choose Add Person.
If you're starting from scratch with the person, select Add to a new household to create the person as well as their household.
Visitors are not added to the database, so you will not find them in Check-Ins, People, when searching a station, or in a list; however, they will show on an Event's Check-Ins tab and Reports for the session date they are checked in.
You will also find them on the Check Out screen of a Roster or Manned Station.
Enter the person's information by expanding the box and add other people in the household.
Create a mobile pass or barcode for easy check-in next time!
Since the first person is an Adult by default, add the parent/guardian first, and then add the children.
Add from the Admin Side
From the People tab, select Add Attendee at the top right.
If the person already exists, you'll see their name listed. If not, select Create A New Person and add their information. Once you've created the person, you can add members of their household.