An event isn't complete without times and locations in it. You can add as many times and locations as the event requires.
Any time associated with the event can be added to the event.
Check out the video, or follow the steps below to add times to your event.
Go to the Times tab and click New Time.
Choose the event date and time the event starts.
You can decide when an event is live and available for checking in on a Roster or Self Station by choosing show and hide times.
- Show a time to allow people to start checking in to your event.
- If you want to not allow people to check in after a certain time, hide the time.
If you have multiple times, those times might overlap, which allows people to check in to both times at once.
A person can check in someone on a Manned Station even before and after the set show and hide times.
In general, Check-Ins will choose the closest time available. However, there are a few smarter things it can do to help in those outlying situations.
- If the closest time is more than 45 minutes in the past, it'll choose the next time. If there is no next time, it'll choose the one in the past.
- If you arrive at the same time you did last week, and last week you checked into two future times, it'll automatically select those two times again this week.
From the Labels & Locations tab, add folders and locations to organize the locations people can check into when they attend your event.
Check out the video to see how to add and organize locations, or follow the steps below.
Click New Location to create a location.
You can even copy a location to your event.
Enter a location name that is familiar and can fit on a label.
When people check in, they'll see this name, so create a name that is familiar.
Filters are designed to do the heavy lifting of assigning attendees to locations for you so you don't have to! They help people check in to the correct location. If there is only one location a person fits into, it will automatically be shown and ready to check in.
In addition, on a Self Station, you are only allowed to see locations you fit into and cannot check into a different location. However, on a Manned or Roster station, a volunteer will see the locations someone fits as Suggested Locations and can check in the person to a location even if they don't fit the filters.
Check out the video to see how filters work, and follow the steps below to set up your filters.
From a Location, set up the filters according to who should be able to check in to that location.
- You can choose either an age or grade filter. You can't have both at the same time, so you'll have to only pick one option.
If you'd like to filter for those under Pre-K, we suggest using age in months.
- Check and select to only allow an adult/child or male/female to check into this location.
- Put a minimum number of volunteers to ensure the right amount of volunteers are in the class.
- Limit how many Regulars and Guests can check in. This limit does not reflect how many Volunteers can check in.
- Limit how many attendees can check in based on how many Volunteers have checked in.
If someone has ignore age and grade filters checked in their user profile, they will not be suggested a location unless they have a past check-in.
When picking certain locations to auto-populate, we have some specific logic that takes priority. Here's some insight into how our software works:
- We choose the location where that person checked in last. If the location they checked in last AND a new location with a grade filter fits, Check-Ins will auto-populate the grade location. This should make it easier when promoting children from age-filtered locations to grade locations.
- Once we look at where they've checked in last, we choose the location with a matching grade.
- After we find a matching grade, we choose the location with a matching age, based on their birthdate.
The way the attendee distribution is set up in a folder can affect how locations are auto-populated.
We've made this priority order to help situations where someone might fit into a location with a grade or age that matches. If you want the location with a grade to take priority, then add a grade to their profile. However, if you would prefer their age to take priority, make sure there is no grade on their profile.
If someone is having issues checking in on a Roster or Self Station, help them check in from a Manned Station. Manned Stations have the ability to override any set Location Filters or allow you to make changes to help the person checking in meet the location filters.
- Edit the user profile.
Add birthdate, grade, or gender to ensure they meet the location filters and can self check in next time.
- Update the location filters, if they are incorrect.
Open a web browser and go to the Check-Ins Admin page to adjust the filters.
If someone has ignore age and grade filters checked in their user profile, they can check into locations they do not fit. However, a location will not be suggested a location unless they have a past check-in to that event.
If someone is checking in as a Volunteer, they can override any location filter and check into any location, unless they do not have a cleared background check and the location requires it.
Once you've created your times and locations, you're ready to launch a station to check people in!