Filters are designed to do the heavy lifting of assigning attendees to locations for you so you don't have to! This article will help you set up Check-Ins to auto-assign people into the correct locations, and also help make sure people can only see the locations that they fit into.
From Labels & Locations in the event, select the folder or location.
Applying location filters help people check in to the correct location. If there is only one location a person fits into, it will automatically be shown and ready to check in. Also, if using a Self Station, you are only allowed to see locations you fit into, and cannot check into a different location.
- You can choose either an age or grade filter. You can't have both at the same time, so you'll have to only pick one option.
If you'd like to filter for those under Pre-K, we suggest using age in months.
- Check and select to only allow an adult/child or male/female to check into this location.
- Limit how many Regulars and Guests can check in. This limit does not reflect how many Volunteers can check in.
- Limit how many attendees can check-in based on how many Volunteers have checked in, and then put a minimum number of volunteers to ensure the right amount of volunteers are in the class.
If someone has ignore age and grade filters checked in their user profile, they will not be suggested a location unless they have a past check-in.
When picking certain locations to auto-populate, we have some specific logic that takes priority. Here's some insight into the mind of how our code works.
- We choose the location where that person checked in last. If the location they checked in last AND a new location with a grade filter fits, Check-Ins will auto-populate the grade location. This should make it easier when promoting children from age-filtered locations to grade locations.
- Once we look at where they've checked in last, we choose the location with a matching grade.
- After we find a matching grade, we choose the location with a matching age, based on their birthdate.
The way the attendee distribution is set up in a location folder can also affect how locations are auto-populated.
We've made this priority order mainly to help situations where someone might fit into a location with a grade or age that matches. If you want the location with a grade to take priority, then add a grade to their profile. However, if you would prefer their age to take priority, make sure there is no grade on their profile.
Manned Stations have the ability to override any set Location Filters. So, if a person isn't able to check in to a specific location, jump on a Manned Station and follow these steps to get them through:
- Check the location filters.
Filters are the qualifications for someone to check in to a location at a Self Station. If someone doesn't meet the qualifications, they will have to be checked in at a Manned Station.
- Make sure their profile is complete.
Missing the grade, date of birth, or gender will affect whether a person is able to check in to a location.
- No location suggested.
If someone has 'ignore age and grade filters' checked in their user profile, they will not be suggested a location unless they have a past check-in.