Instead of manually changing each station to reflect the event it's checking people into, you can use Station Templates to automatically change selected stations to the appropriate mode, printer, theme, and event.
To create a Station Templates, create stations then create themes. Refer to our Stations guide for more information on creating stations.
1. Create Station Themes
A station theme defines what the station looks like--the background image and overlay colors. If you don't create and apply a theme, the station will stay the defualt Check-Ins purple.
From the Stations tab, select Create a new theme in the Themes box to add your first theme.
After you've added your first theme, use the + to add more themes.
- Name your theme based on when it will be used.
- Choose an image from your computer to add as the background
- If you don't have an image to use, add a background color instead.
- Choose the best overlay color, so data will look best. If you're using a light color background, choose the dark overlay; if you're using a dark background, choose the light overlay.
Because Check-Ins works on any device in any browser at any size, we do our best to center the uploaded image. If you'd like a perfect fit, it's best set your background image to the screen size of your Station device. To find the resolution of your device visit WhatIsMyScreenResolution.com.
2. Create Station Templates
From the Stations tab, select Create a new template in the Station Templates box to add your first template.
After you've added your first template, use the + to add more themes.
- Title your template based on when or for what event this template should be used.
- If this template is used consistently, choose when to activate it. Selected stations will use this template until another is applied, or it is manually reset.
- Choose the stations needing this template. If one of the stations needs to be changed to a different mode, printer, theme, or event, edit that station before saving the template.
Choose Submit to create the template.
If you change settings on a station then click to edit a template, the changed station will be outlined in yellow:
To delete the Station Template, select it on the Stations tab, and choose Delete.
3. Apply Station Templates
If you want to choose use this template earlier than you added in the settings, or you didn't add a time, click Use to apply the template to the stations.
Stations need to be refreshed in order for the template settings to be applied. Refresh a station on a desktop by reloading the website; refresh the mobile station app by force-quitting the app and reopening it.