Headcounts is a feature in Check-Ins that allows you to keep track of any type of attendance without tracking specific individuals. Headcounts does not affect your daily Check-In limit and can be used even on the free Check-Ins package. It works in conjunction with Event Times, so please make sure that you've added times to your event.
Headcounts can be accessed from the mobile Headcounts app for Android and iOS or from the Headcounts tab in any event on Check-Ins. In order to log in to the Headcounts app, people must at least have the Editor or Headcounter permission.
Mobile Headcounts App
In the Headcounts app, choose the event you're tracking to be taken to that event's dashboard.
See information from dates in the past, attendance for the current date, and add or edit Headcount Types right from this screen.
Tap a Headcount Type to add attendance.
- Tap the plus/minus icon to take attendance from the Clicker.
- Tap the number to change the total.
If the time is incorrect, an Admin will need to change it from the event.
If you want to keep track of how many people can fit in the building and know how much space you have left, you can set the capacity.
When people use the clicker to take attendance, the number is automatically added to the total, even if several people are taking attendance at the same time. It also calculates the remaining seats.
Once the total attendance is 90% of capacity, the screen will turn yellow. If attendance hits the maximum capacity, the screen will turn red.
Turn on sounds and/or vibrate for each tap from Settings on the events sidebar. Vibrations will increase as you get closer to your capacity or go over.
This number overrides the clicker because it enters a brand new total. Whatever total is inserted here will override any other inputs; it will not add to whatever was there before.
The Headcounts tab shows the number of individuals checked in through Standard Headcounts as well as the Custom Headcounts you create.
The Headcounts Tab is only accessible to Viewers and Editors.
If the Custom Headcounts are tracking the same individuals who check in at a station as Standard Headcounts, move the Custom Headcounts to a different event, so event totals are accurate.
In your event, go to the Headcounts tab.
- Standard Headcounts show individuals who have been checked in at a station or added to the Check-Ins tab. They cannot be edited from the Headcounts tab.
- Custom Headcounts are general attendance numbers and can also be found in the mobile app. When you add a custom headcount, you can choose the color and name.
The headcounts will be shown on the dashboard in the color shown.
If you delete a Headcount type, you will lose all data entered for that headcount type.
Once you've added attendance from the app or the tab, go to the Events tab to see your attendance based on date, event, and time.
- Filter the graph based on a date range, event, or time frame.
- The graph will show the Regulars, Guests, Volunteers, and any Custom Headcounts when it's filtered by a specific event.
- Hover over any bar on the graph to get the specifics of that session.
- Hover over any type to show just those types, and click the type to remove it from the graph.
- The Average attendance is based one what's shown on the graph, so remove a type to change the attendance.
If you want to import past general attendance from another system, contact our Support Team.