Note: This article will show you how to install a Zebra printer for it to work with Check-Ins. See the bottom of this article for a list of known printer compatibility.
Step 1: Install Printer Drivers
Windows: Type your model number into here and download the appropriate drivers: https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads.html
Mac: Since Zebra doesn't officially support Mac OS, you'll need install CUPS. Check out this article with detailed instructions on how.
Step 2: Rename Printer
In order for Check-ins to be able to recognize your Zebra printer, it will need to have the word "Zebra" listed in the name of the printer.
- Open Devices and Printers in your Control Panel
- Right-click the Zebra printer, and then click Printer properties.
- Select the General tab, and add "Zebra" to the name
If you are on a Mac and you went through the CUPS setup, you have already renamed your printer so you should be able to skip this step!
Step 3: Install QZ Tray
Windows: Download and Install QZ Tray 2.0.3
What's QZ Tray?
Since we are a web based application and work through your common browsers, we don't have direct access to the hardware on your computer (printers). In order to get this access, we need to use either a plugin or widget of some sort that can communicate and translate our code to the printer. QZ tray is that widget. To find out more, you can check their website.
After you've installed, you'll need to do two things.
- You should see a tray icon installed in your taskbar. This will need to stay running while using Check-ins. To make sure it automatically starts when you boot up your computer click the icon and choose "Start Automatically"
- Once you visit Check-ins (which you'll do during the next step), you'll see a prompt where you should choose "Remember this Decision" > "Allow"
Visit the Printer Check Page
You should be all set and ready to print!
Technically speaking, most Zebra printer models should work fine. However, through conversations with our customers, we know the following printers do or do not work. If you have any other printer model and would like to test it, please let us know what you've found so we can add it to our list!
|Work! :)||Doesn’t work :(|
You must also have firmware V60.14, V50.14, or later for some of the alighnment to work properly. To find if your printer is compatible, check Zebra's download and support page and make sure you have the latest firmware.