You've created your event with all its necessary times and locations, and now you're ready to check people in to that event. With unlimited stations, you can be as flexible as you'd like by helping guests check in with a volunteer at one station, allow regulars to check in their household members at another, or make sure volunteers are set to check themselves in at another station.
First Time Guests
A volunteer can check in first time guests at a manned station.
If you want first time guests to have a quicker way of checking in, create a form they can use to enter their information, and then print the shareable code in a place they can scan it.
If the person only comes with grandparents at holidays or will not be returning, check them in without adding them to your database. Follow these steps to add them as a visitor.
Enter their name in the search bar of the station. If they have any information in the database, their name will show up in the search. If not, select Add Person to start a new profile.
If you choose a person from the search results, you'll be able to check in everyone from their household.
- You can add more people to their household by selecting Edit Household.
- Select the pencil to choose the person's location and other options.
Set their status as a Guest, make the selections, and click Prepare Check-In to be taken back to the main screen to finish checking them in.
People who attend your events on a regular basis can either check themselves into the event, or they can be checked in from a class list, which should be held by the teacher or a volunteer in the location.
Check In Themselves
A regular attender can check in quickly at a Self Station by entering a phone number or scanning a barcode, which will pull up their household.
Let people know!
If this isn't the way your regular attenders normally check in, prep them for using these stations by following these steps:
- Make a list of regular attenders.
- Email them telling them about new stations where you type the last 4 digits or scan a barcode.
- If you use the Church Center app, let them know the app will work as the code to scan.
- If you don't use the Church Center app, send the list of people a mobile pass as well.
- Be available for questions for a couple weeks as they get used to checking themselves in.
Select the checkboxes to check in the appropriate people, and choose their checked in by person.
Make changes to the location, location option, and add additional check-in times by clicking the pencil.
Check In at Location
A teacher can check in people as they arrive by checking them off a Roster Station. As people arrive to the location, select the checkmark or the person's name to check them in.
When the event is over, select Switch to Check Out to begin checking people out of that location.
The first time someone volunteers, they need to check in at a Manned Station to change their type to Volunteer.
After they check in at a Manned Station as a Volunteer the first time, they can check themselves in at a Self Station. Check-Ins will automatically show their check-in type as the Volunteer check-in type as long as one of the following applies:
- Their last check-in to this event was as a Volunteer.
- The Check-Ins/Services integration is enabled, and the volunteer is scheduled in the corresponding plan.